Monday, July 12, 2010

Have to BRAG a little...

Well I must say I have one of the most patient, loving husbands around. When we finished our basement I knew I wanted a fun, organized room for the boys to play in, as well as for me to run my business and have a place to help the boys with their learning. When I found what I wanted, I showed it to Derrick. His remark was, "I can build it bigger and better." And so he did.

It is more than I ever could have imagined. This man in my life has a natural talent for taking a picture and making it out of wood into something beyond what you would want. And sometimes, he doesn't even have a picture...it is all in his head. I think this is sometimes how God drew us together. I am one who sews without patterns and have most of what I do in my head. I can see a picture and recreate it...with as much perfection as possible. And Derrick is the same. We relate a lot this way and have so much in common.

I am so proud of what he has created for me and the boys to have in our room that we spend so much time in. There are a few unfinished things on my part, but that takes time. I must find the perfect rug, perfect paintings (which I have a feeling won't be perfect unless I have the boys paint them), and add a learning table for the boys as well.

You wonder how I work in this room...well I have a roll top desk in the corner with my computer screen and keyboard (the rest is in the closet), and then I have a large walk in closet that I have all my business stuff in. I LOVE IT! The day we move is going to be hard. This room has a lot of memories in it of work and play. I am not sure how I will design our next house. I love how this works right now, but have other dreams for an office and playroom for my boys as well. Only time will tell.

Have a good week friends. I am off to make magic!


A great trampoline for winter fun....it always tires them out! And our daily calendar...working hard on learning the days of the week and months!

Above the TV is where the paintings will go!

The chalkboard that entertains daily. I love having this wall as a magnet and chalkboard. It is easy to clean and the boys can do it without me worrying about anything. It comes off walls great too :)!! It is also a great place for a little boy to learn to write his name!

The boys bulletin boards. They put things up here that are special to them, pictures of friends, and things we have done as a family that make us smile!

No comments: